Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm going to knit warshcloths

About 3 weeks ago, I started a top down raglan from the Barbara Walker book, Knitting from the Top Down, I wanted to make it a University of Illinois (Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in U of I blue and orange) color theme putting a ... sequence in orange (because I couldn't get enough of the blue yarn)Anyway, I practiced jogless jogs and of course got a funny spot in the boobular area where I changed skeins of the blue yarn. Ignoring the funny disappearing orange stitch directly over my left breasticle, I bravely knit on. I knit an entire sleeve, diligently marking the rows in a little orange book that I kept in my knitting bag, circling the row when I decreased so that the sleeves will turn out to be the same. I got to where I thought the bottom of the 1st sleeve should be and I had a bit of yarn left, rather than finish the sleeve, I transferred the stitches to a holder to await final adjustments when #2 sleeve was complete. I joined a new ball and carefully mirroring the 1st sleeve, I knit about 1/2 of the 2nd sleeve and decided to admire my handiwork. I looked at the front and there was only 1 set of increases, that is odd, there should be one on either side of the straight part....upon further examination, you all know what I did, I made the sleeves on the stitches that I was supposed to use for the FRONT AND BACK of the sweater!!!! Grrrr, not being a small girl, this involves a fair amount of knitting. My mother bless her soul said that she would chop it into tiny pieces and throw it away. She thinks that I have the patience to re-knit the sleeves. I don't know. The sweater is in time-out for a while. I did rip sleeve #2, but don't know if I have the heart to rip sleeve #1, quite yet. I suppose I would feel better if I picked up the proper sleeve and knit it for a while before I rip #1, I don't know. I'm going to knit warshcloths for a while...

1 comment:

Lori said...

Bwahaahaa! Had to adjust my bifocals on the "breasticle" description!!

Time out for the misbehaving sweater is good and warshcloths will certainly help the bp. But like wayward children, satisfaction comes when they finally straighten up and fly right. I know you'll still lurve it when it's done - even though it severely tested your patience :-)

Bring it Tuesday so the homies can share the pain with you ~

Lori