Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ganome Hat

I saw them on the Zimmermania list http://zimmermaniacs.blogspot.com/2006/11/waiter-can-we-get-another-ganomy-over.html. I snatched up some Lopi and began a knitting. I didn't take a picture, but it turned out like this one, only a solid color and kind of fuzzy like Lopi. I was considering felting it, but I went outside on a windy day and felt no breeze on my noggin thanks to the warm guard hairs of the Lopi. That is 6 for Dulaan for me.

Next I started my Red Scarf project. I used the Yarn Harlot's pattern found at http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/10/12/one_row_handspun_scarf.html My yarn of choice is Manos in a nice red, love the colors, the thick and thin works well in this scarf pattern and it is mindless and quick. I am practicing purling with my left hand. I usually knit left handed, but the only kind of Purl I know how to do left handed is the German Purl which involves a lot of wrist movement and I'm more comfortable (if much slower) purling right handed. I don't know which is American/Continental, I don't know if I care. I breezed through the first skein of yarn and it only yielded about 2 feet of scarf ( I need 5 feet), so I e-mailed my LYS to see if she has one more skien that she will hold. If she doesn't, the scarf will be shorter than planned. I was just there on Saturday and I'm nervous as I don't recall seeing much of the red on the shelf.

No comments: