Thursday, December 21, 2006

Quick Knit




My BIL is bringing someone to Christmas eve dinner and I decided that he should have something to open (as all the rest of us do). I bought some Brown Sheep wool (Black) at my LYS http://www.eweandmefiberstudio.com/ about 2 weeks ago, but did I start them at that time??? Heck no, why would I do that???

So yesterday am, I finally arrived at a proper number and cast on 32 stitches, ribbed for a while and then proceeded to make some fingerless mitts for him. I am hoping that his hands aren't too much bigger than mine. I finished one of them (sans the "thumb") this am between 4:30 and 6. I decided that I liked the ribbing at the top of the mitts. I sent DS#1 to the LYS this afternoon for an emergency skein. I looked at a pattern in the Knitting with Balls book, which called for 200 yards, and I have 200 yards, but I doubled the yarn and well, it is an emergency skein, plus if I get his done with one skein, I can use the other skein for me, me, me or exchange it for something else....I got most of the ribbing done on Mitt #2 at lunch, and I am hopeful that I will finish before Christmas Eve.

I still have to bind the quilt that I am giving to my BIL as I sneakily arranged to receive his name in the family drawing. I have the binding made, just need to sew it on and bind it back...of course by Christmas eve.


Edited to add, Christmas Eve was a good time. Mitts finished, they fit, he loved them, Quilt finished, he loved it. Dishes all cleared away, put away safely for next year by noon on Christmas day, all and all a good even. Oh, number of bottles of wine consumed....only 2, what wimps we are, but what we drank was very, very good wine.

No comments: