Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Isn't it Lovely?


I was surprised yesterday by the snow. I was out on Monday evening and didn't see the weather. When I got up it was misting snow and by the time I headed to work, it was a tad packed and I drove carefully, but then the sky let loose with a lovely, fluffy, soft picture perfect snow. The bonus of it being so cold, the DD#1 didn't even go out and mess it up on me so that I could take this loverly picture this am.

Driving around noon was treacherous, but as any good country woman would, I headed across the street to the grocery store for some provisions to make sure we are covered in case we get snowed in, yes, we are rural and sometimes we simply get snowed in, nothing to do about it but sit and knit - oh the horror!

I had the added stress of a new driver (6 months) loose behind the wheel which caused my blood pressure a little rise, but once I got my kidlets all safely tucked into the house for the evening, I was a very happy hen.

I am participating in a Swap-bot http://www.swap-bot.com/Winter Scarf kit swap. I am a newby there with no rating so I made sure to contact my partner right away and am working on her gift, but I haven't heard from my partner. Not a good sign.

No comments: