Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mr. Greenjeans

I blocked the Greenjeans sweater and it fits (good thing), but it is too long (butt hugging isn't a good thing) and the button is too low on the sweater. That Dream in Color really grew in length. The good news is that I can pick the button band off and rip an inch or so off of the bottom and then re-knit the button band putting the buttonhole in the proper place and then the sweater will be perfect! Or at least I hope so, this is the first time I have ever done any of this. I am not going to do anything until I come to knitting on Tuesday as I want some help with marking how long it should be. TGF (hubby) didn't see anything wrong with the sweater, but what does he know?

I am slightly sick about it, but I won't wear it the way it is and I'd rather rip the whole thing than have a sweater I won't wear staring at me. Or so I say when I'm not looking at the sweater. We'll see what the knitting group says about it.

No comments: