Friday, October 06, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!


I participated in the October Birthday swap hosted by the gracious and generous Bev Diaz. This is not a secret swap. My swap partner was Lori Bean of http://yarnbeans.typepad.com/yarnbeans/ She is a busy, busy wife and mom of 2, she is a waitress and sommelier in the evenings and still has time to not only knit, but churn out some awesome looking hand dyed yarns. In the box was....A milk chocolate Truffle bar (don't remember the name as it was consumed immediately, but I do remember that it was very yummy), a birthday card, 2 postcards from her town in Oregon, a Cherry Tree Hill Glitter mill end in a blue/green/teal which was the yarn that I listed as most interest in knitting with, a hank of STR in the Colorway "Rare Gems", a couple of bars of yummy soap, a beautiful glittery, feathery butterfly and 2 skeins of her own hand dyed yarn in Winter Blue and Pumpkin Spice...All I can say is...THANK YOU, it was a real treat, I get to spoil her on her upcoming October birthday so hopefully I can pack her box as full of surprises as she packed mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it arrived! I was so disapointed that I didn't get it to you by your actual birthday! I'm glad you likes the Cherry Tree Hill! I made sure not to send you any fingering weight yarns! hee hee!

Lisa said...

Great birthday box. And thanks for visiting my blog. I want to hang out with you and we can wear our mismatched socks together!:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Bev said...

What a great gift and post Angie! I am so happy you got your gift and I can't wait to see what you sent Lori! Best wishes!